[Audio and Video] BT14 Keynote 07 – The Secret Power of Time: Time Perspective Therapy for the Treatment of PTSD – Philip Zimbardo, PhD
Archive : [Audio and Video] BT14 Keynote 07 – The Secret Power of Time: Time Perspective Therapy for the Treatment of PTSD – Philip Zimbardo, PhD Digital Download
Salepage : [Audio and Video] BT14 Keynote 07 – The Secret Power of Time: Time Perspective Therapy for the Treatment of PTSD – Philip Zimbardo, PhD
Delivery : Online With Any Device
- Topic Areas:
- Keynote | PTSD
- Brief Therapy Conference | Brief Therapy Conference 2014
- Philip Zimbardo, PhD
- Course Levels:
- Master Degree or Higher in Health-Related Field
- Audio and Video
- Original Program Date :
- Dec 14, 2014
For over 20 years, Dr. Zimbardo has researched the power of relationship with time has on our lives. He has co-authored two published books on the topic, The Time Paradox and The Time Cure, and developed the Zimbardo Time Perspective Inventory (ZTPI) which has been translated into over 24 languages and validated globally. his talk will review the major research on time perspective and introduce his work with Dr. Richard Sword and Rosemary Sword on Time Perspective Therapy, a brief therapy intervention to treat Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder.
- Review current Time Perspective research.
- Appreciate the intellectual journey from ideas to research to evidence that gets translated into clinical practice, that in turn gets systematically evaluated through new applied assessments.
- Introduce and explore applications of Time Perspective Therapy for PTSD.
- Understand the pervasive extent of PTSD that is increasing in its extent to many populations.
- Consider why most current treatments are not as effective as they should be.
- Consider how a simple reframing of the core problem from Past to Future-orientation can have major positive effects on reducing symptom severity that approaches a qualification as a “cure.”
*Sessions may be edited for content and to preserve confidentiality*
Philip Zimbardo, PhD Related seminars and products: 2
Philip G. Zimbardo is an internationally recognized scholar, educator, researcher and media personality, winning numerous awards and honors in each of these domains. He has been a Stanford University professor since 1968, having taught previously at Yale, NYU and Columbia. Zimbardo’s career is noted for giving psychology away to the public through his popular PBS-TV series, Discovering Psychology, along with many text and trade books, among his 300 publications. He was recently president of the American Psychological Association.
- Profile at Stanford.edu
There are no reviews yet.